1. Internet Content
FiberNet does not exercise control over the content of the information downloaded or otherwise accessed by its customers. Furthermore, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to ensure that the information transmitted and received complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Prohibited Activities
FiberNet Internet customers are prohibited from engaging in the following activities in using the service:
- Sending unsolicited commercial messages or communications in any form ("SPAM")
- Engaging in any activities or actions that infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of others, including, but not limited to, using third party copyrighted materials without appropriate permission, using third party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, and using or distributing third party information protected as a trade secret information in violation of a duty of confidentiality
- Engaging in any activities or actions that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including, but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law
- Sending, posting or hosting harassing, abusive, libelous or obscene materials or assisting in any similar activities related thereto;
- Intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting transmission information, including headers, return mailing and Internet protocol addresses
- Engaging in any activities or actions intended to withhold or cloak any user’s identity or contact information
- Using Internet connectivity for any illegal purposes, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of any other service providers, web sites, chat rooms or the like
- Assisting or permitting any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above
FiberNet does not routinely monitor the activity of Service accounts for violation of this policy. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service. Although FiberNet has no obligation to monitor FiberNet services and/or the network, FiberNet and its suppliers reserve the right at any time to monitor bandwidth, usage, transmissions, and content from time to time to operate FiberNet services; to identify violations of this policy; and/or to protect the network, FiberNet services and FiberNet users.
FiberNet prefers to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action. However, if FiberNet services are used in a way that FiberNet or its suppliers, in their sole discretion, believe violate this policy, FiberNet or its suppliers may take any responsive actions they deem appropriate. These actions include, but are not limited to, temporary or permanent removal of content, cancellation of newsgroup posts, filtering of Internet transmissions, and the immediate suspension or termination of all or any portion of FiberNet services.
FiberNet reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of this policy, including the gathering of information from the user or users involved and the complaining party, if any, and examination of material on FiberNet's servers and network. During an investigation, FiberNet may suspend the account or accounts involved and/or remove or block material that potentially violates this policy. You expressly authorize FiberNet and its suppliers to cooperate with (i) law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected legal violations, and (ii) and system administrators at other Internet service providers or other network or computing facilities in order to enforce this Policy.